Yoga for Abundant Bodies (YAB) is a workshop specifically designed for practitioners of larger shapes and sizes. For some, there is a perception that their size and ability prevent them from doing yoga or they feel they're not necessarily welcomed in other classes. Where it's easy to say this isn't the case, Shri Devi knows this firsthand and holds space for YAB to be the compassionate place for your practice to grow without judgment. With the use of props (blankets, bolsters, yoga straps, and blocks), you are invited to discover creative ways to enjoy this practice at your own pace. Yoga is not about working against your natural body. Instead, through mindful movements, meditation and collaborative effort, this workshop is designed to be fun and creative, giving you an opportunity to expand your practice of self-care.
Third Root is dedicated to supporting wellness and challenging health bias & stigma associated with being “fat.” Geleni Fontaine, TR collective member and acupunk offers, “When people of any size implement healthful lifestyle changes their health improves.” A great means of addressing the issue is the HAES movement, Health At Every Size. This movement, “acknowledges that good health can best be realized independent from considerations of size. It supports people-of all sizes-in addressing health directly by adopting healthy behaviors.”
- Yoga for Abundant Bodies with Shri Devi Diehl on January 19, 2019 4:30 pm
- Yoga for Abundant Bodies with Shri Devi Diehl on February 16, 2019 4:30 pm
- Yoga for Abundant Bodies with Shri Devi Diehl on March 16, 2019 4:30 pm
- Yoga for Abundant Bodies with Shri Devi Diehl on April 20, 2019 4:30 pm
- Yoga for Abundant Bodies with Shri Devi Diehl on May 18, 2019 4:30 pm